This is the final part of this four part series on Homeschooling a High Achiever. We talked about what to do if you have a high achiever, the game plan, the set up, and now let’s finish it off with the Slam Dunk.
The Slam Dunk is the easy part. As a recap in this series:
- The High Achiever addressed as how one is formed and suggestions for supporting accelerated learning;
- The Game Plan discussed how to set up a student’s plan to graduate early with transcript suggestions and figuring out your student’s next step;
- The Set Up involved contacting potential colleges and determining the best options for your student
The Slam Dunk is following through on all of these steps. It’s the final step to ensure that your student is on track and that her last year is amazing.
As a “senior” or a student in her last year of homeschooling, now is the time to focus on just a few important “to do’s”:
- Enjoy this last year. Make it memorable. Consider ways to make this year extraordinary – graduation plans, maybe a family “senior” trip.
- Introduce new responsibilities
- Prepare student for “real life” tasks such as balancing a checkbook, having oil changed in car, meal prep, meeting deadlines without reminders from you. 🙂
- Make sure that your student is on track to accomplish all those final high school goals
Hope you enjoyed this little series! Let me know if there are any other topics you’d like for me to cover!