If you are not a Christian and you follow me, my posts or visit this site, I truly hope that you can see God through my words, my decisions, my activities. Perhaps you don’t think that God really cares about our chickens, garden, or saving money, but I do. I am a child of God and I am trying to be a good steward of all that He has blessed us with, whether it’s our finances, what we feed our bodies, or how we tend to the animals in our care. Would I be a reflection of God’s grace if I mistreated our animals or let them starve? Absolutely not. Do I worship our animals? Absolutely not. I worship the Creator, the Most High God and because of that I want to take care of all that He’s bestowed upon my family.
With that being said, here are a few things to keep in mind about me:
- in the God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- in the salvation that Christ ensured for me by dying on the cross for my sins, rising from the grave and ascending to heaven. (He buried my sins and made me white as snow).
- I was created for a purpose that only I can fulfill (each of us has a God-given purpose) – see Psalm 139
- I am called to live the simple life (not easy necessarily, but simple).
- that God will sustain me through the most difficult of times and pull me closer to Him.
- that Jesus loves me.
- that I am a sinner, the worst of the lot, and yet God has mercy on me (because He loves me).
- YOU are also loved by God and if you don’t know Him, He’s just waiting for you to open up to Him and let Him in your heart. He’ll change your life f.o.r.e.v.e.r.
- that this is not my home. I am only here temporarily and when I die I will be carried away to heaven where I will see my precious Jesus (and standing right behind Him will be my two precious babies).
God provides all I have, all I need and sees me through every little thing in life. I do nothing without Him and seek His guidance and will above my own.
I’ll stop now, although I could go on and on. I just don’t see the point in anything if it’s not for God. Feel free to leave me a comment. I’d love to hear how Jesus helps you on your homestead.