Making your own bath salts comes down to just a few basic ingredients … items you probably already have in your pantry.
- 2 cups kosher salt, dead sea salt or epsom salts (or a combination of these)
- 15-30 drops of essential oilCombine these items in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour into a pretty jar and use approximately 1/3 to ½ cup in your bath water. You can even add dried lavender flowers for additional scent.
Essential oil combinations can include:
- lavendar oil (to relax)
- spearmint oil & rosemary oil (to energize)
- sweet orange oil & grapefruit oil (to invigorate)
- eucalyptis oil & lavendar oil (to soothe muscles
(As with any essential oils, please read the labels. If you have a sensitivity to essential oils, please consult your physician before using.)
Check out our other post on how to make your own Sugar and Olive Oil Hand Scrub.